Working at Ventas
The Ventas team differentiates our company and is the driver behind our history of excellence and consistent success. Our talented, results-driven, experienced and dedicated professionals share an unwavering commitment to integrity, high performance, adaptability and collaboration.
If you have a passion for creative problem-solving and flawless execution, and you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced, highly-competitive industry that demands an exceptional workforce, Ventas could be the right place for your next career move.
Compensation and Benefits
Attracting and retaining a best-in-class workforce is critical to our success. Ventas offers an industry-leading compensation and benefits package to provide security and protection for the health and well-being of our employees and their families, spending an average of $37,000 on benefits per employee annually.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life, accidental death, disability and
employee assistance plans
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) plan with Ventas match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Adoption benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
To emphasize our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families, we set a target to spend more per employee on medical benefits than the industry benchmark.2 In 2017, the value of our employee health package was 50% higher than a cross-industry benchmark of almost 2,500 companies, reflecting an enhanced level of benefits for our employees and their families.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe our organization is much stronger and more effective when we intentionally develop and recruit a diverse workforce and Board of Directors. As an equal opportunity employer, we value the unique individuals who make up our team and do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, creed, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression or any other status protected by applicable law.
“Creating an environment where employees can be themselves and reach their maximum potential is a long-term commitment to our future. Both research and experience clearly demonstrate that groups having diverse perspectives produce better results and make better decisions. Our Company is stronger and more effective for all stakeholders when we intentionally develop and recruit a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.”
// Debra A. Cafaro
// Ventas Chairman and CEO
Fostering our employees’ professional development is integral to our culture of continuous learning. In addition to annual compliance training on our Global Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Ventas employees receive an average of 10 hours of individual training per year, with opportunities for in-person and virtual learning programs, including:
- Leadership Development: A dedicated framework of tools and resources to excel in current and future leadership roles
- Manager Success Workshop Series: A structured curriculum of live virtual workshops focusing on critical management skills.
- External Speaker Series: A forum for employees to interact with and learn from business experts and industry leaders
- In-Person Training: Our 2017 trainings included presentation skills, influencing others, behavioral interviewing techniques, effective communications and technical expertise
- Learning Library: An online resource offering hundreds of courses and materials, including mandatory training for ethics and compliance, as well as courses focused on employee skills development
- Ventas proudly partners with educational institutions to deliver employee training, including, JB Training Solutions, Training the Street, Speak by Design, LinkedIn Learning, and LRN Corporation.
- As of 12/31/2020, 100% of Ventas and Lillibridge employees are eligible for the ESPP after their six months of service and 99% are eligible for benefits (excludes Jensen subsidiary (3% of total employees) which is independently managed, with its own, separate benefits plan). Full-time and part-time employees regularly scheduled to work thirty (30) or more hours per week are eligible to participate in benefits. Part-time employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week are eligible to participate in a limited number of benefit plans including Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday pay and the 401(k) plan. Full-time or part-time employees regularly scheduled to work more than twenty (20) hours per week are eligible to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) after six months of service. Benefits are applicable to employees at both Ventas and Lillibridge, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ventas, unless otherwise noted. All benefits are subject to eligibility criteria and other terms and conditions. Certain benefits may require employee contributions.
- Industry benchmark figure provided by external benefits consultant.
- Data as of 12/31/2018 data: 48% female: 52% male. Data covers 100% of Ventas employees. See third-party assurance of this data here.
- Data as of 12/31/2019 data: 49% female: 51% male. Data covers 100% of Ventas employees. See third-party assurance of this data here.