Delivering on the Promise of Excellence Sustained
Ventas, an S&P 500 company, operates at the intersection of two powerful and dynamic industries – healthcare and real estate. As one of the world’s foremost Real Estate Investment Trusts, Ventas’s portfolio of more than 1,200 properties is buoyed by the demographic tailwind of a large and growing aging population. Ventas uses the power of capital to unlock the value of senior living communities, life science, research & innovation properties, medical office & outpatient facilities and other healthcare real estate, working with leading care providers, developers, research, educational and medical institutions, innovators and healthcare organizations. Ventas has followed a successful strategy that endures: combining a high-quality diversified portfolio of properties and capital sources to manage through cycles, working with industry leading partners, and a collaborative and experienced team focused on producing consistent growing cash flows and superior returns on a strong balance sheet, ultimately rewarding Ventas stakeholders.
A Snapshot of Success1
Carefully-Curated, Diversified Portfolio
With an average of over $3 billion per year in asset investment activity across asset classes over the past 10 years, our outstanding portfolio is resilient, diverse and carefully-curated across business models, strategic partners and asset classes, spanning senior housing, life science, research & innovation, medical office and other healthcare real estate.
Ventas Investment Management
Ventas Investment Management (VIM) consolidates our extensive third-party capital ventures under a single umbrella. Within the $16 trillion commercial real estate industry, ~20 percent is owned by public entities like Ventas, while the remaining ~80 percent is in the hands of private investors.
VIM enables Ventas to access this expansive market opportunity by attracting global private capital to our demographically driven asset classes. Private owners of real estate seek to invest alongside Ventas directly in life science, senior housing and other healthcare real estate to obtain the benefit of our experience relationships and industry knowledge.
With approximately $4.5B+1 in assets under management, the VIM platform includes the Ventas Life Science & Healthcare Real Estate Fund, our life science development joint venture with GIC and our senior housing development State Pension Fund joint venture. VIM enables Ventas to expand its footprint, diversify its capital sources, augment its investment capacity, accelerate its development and acquisition pipeline and generate additional recurring revenue and profit opportunities, all by leveraging its team and infrastructure.
Total Shareholder Return
- Information as of December 31, 2021.
- Bloomberg, for the period beginning 12/31/1999 and ending 3/25/2022. Ventas prices adjusted historically for spin-off.
- Inclusive of Life Science, R&I developments underway.